A1 BaseKIT | Timber Frame Shed Base
- Strong pressure-treated timber (100mm x 50mm)
- Free professional installation
- No ground preparation required*
- Great for uneven surfaces* (max. slope 30cm)
- Keeps shed floor dry
- Can be used on grass, concrete, soil, or mixed surfaces
- Suits TGB Garden Buildings, Saltire Sheds, and A1 Sheds
- More cost-effective than paving slabs or concrete
A1 BaseKIT™ Timber Shed Base System
This shed base is a rectangular Tanalised® (pressure-treated) timber frame system. A1 Sheds first developed this shed base back in the 1980’s in order to create a low cost, simple, fast and effective solution for gardens with uneven or mixed surfaces. Nowadays, this shed base is also known as a Pin-Base, PortaBase, AirTech Base, or a PowerBase, however the basic design remains the same.
The A1 BaseKit is available as an optional extra for TGB, Saltire and A1 branded timber buildings, and cannot be delivered separately. If you choose us to assemble your shed, then we’ll assemble and install this shed base for you FREE OF CHARGE. There is NO GROUND PREPARATION REQUIRED* and we are able to fit it onto any firm surface… inc. grass, soil, gravel, uneven slabs, concrete etc. The ground below doesn’t need to be level either, therefore the A1 BaseKIT can be fitted onto gently sloping ground (max. 12″), uneven ground, and mixed surfaces if required, all you need is an area clear of any movable obstacles or shrubs.
Please note that the design of the A1BaseKit, the quantity of pegs, and their positions will vary depending on the size of building, and type of ground.
- VERY STRONG
- FREE INSTALLATION (only when purchased with a TGB, Saltire or an A1 branded timber building)
- NO GROUND PREPARATION REQUIRED*
- SUITABLE FOR ANY SURFACE* (max. slope 30cm)
- Extra airspace keeps underside of shed dry (increasing longevity)
- Can be used on grass, concrete, soil, or mixed surfaces (soft surfaces must be be firm enough to support ground pegs)
- Suits most square or rectangular TGB Garden Buildings, Saltire Sheds, and A1 Sheds
- Made from long-lasting 4″x2″ (100mm x 50mm) pressure-treated timber
- Significantly less expensive than paving slabs or concrete
- Perfect for use with the QuickJack adjustable base system if fitting yourself
A1 BaseKIT Animation
Click below for an animated view of the A1 BaseKit.
PLEASE NOTE: It is the homeowners responsibility to check that there are no under-ground services i.e. electric, water, sewage pipes etc. before post or pegs are hammered into the ground, as we will not be liable for any damage caused.