A1 CABINS™ DELIVERY: 4-6 Weeks*
*A1 Cabins™ delivery lead time is currently about 4-6 weeks for most parts of Britain, however some remote areas may take a bit longer. Either way, we guarantee to get your building to you as soon as possible!
DARTON Pent Log Cabin
The Darton Pent Log Cabin is a great value modern cabin with a sloping pent roof c/w reversible storage area. This log cabin is made using 28mm thick timber on the walls, with thick tongue and groove floor (19mm) as standard. The Darton has large double doors, glazed in ‘styrene safety glazing‘, and comes with a practical shed area with an internal wall at the end of the building, allowing you to store tools and garden items while keeping the summerhouse area clear. These log cabins are available in untreated or pressure-treated timber!
The Darton Pent Cabin comes in two popular sizes 12’x8′ and 14’x8′, both made to stay below the 2.5m height legislation!
- Tanalised™ (pressure-treated) or untreated timber
- High strength SAN Styrene safety glazing
- Large joinery-made doors
- Shed storage area can be fitted at either end
- 28mm thick interlocking logs
- 2x popular sizes
- 19mm T&G floor boards
- 11mm T&G timber roof
- 10 year anti-rot warranty (on pressure-treated models)
- Easy to assemble c/w fastenings & simple digital instructions
- Under 2.5m to avoid planning permission
- Manufactured right here in the UK!
The walls of the log cabin are 28mm thick made from responsibly sourced timber. The floor is made of heavy duty 19mm thick tongue & groove boards, and the roof is 11mm tongue & groove, ensuring that the log cabin is robust and durable. No inferior products are used (such as OSB or chipboard).
All cabins are under 2.5m to the ridge, allowing you to bypass most planning permission restrictions that may apply to residential builds.
Maximise you garden’s potential, at a fraction of the cost of a conservatory, or extension. These Log Cabins can be used for many purposes such as a home office, garden room, home gym, man cave, entertainment room etc. They add value to your property, and have the benefit of a beautiful usable space.
Doors, Locking System & Windows
The Darton Log Cabin comes complete with joinery-made double doors glazed in high strength SAN styrene (Perspex®), along with a solid wooden door fitted to the storage area. This building isn’t designed to be a security cabin, however it is supplied with a hasp & staple on each door, allowing it to be secured with padlocks (not supplied).
This log building is available with untreated timber as standard, however you can upgrade to pressure-treated Tanalised™ timber which protects your cabin from rot & decay.
The 28mm, interlocking logs allow you to build your cabin with confidence, knowing everything fits tightly and is where it should be. Fixings and instructions are included to allow you to build the cabin yourself, however we may be able to offer a professional assembly in your area. Please check before ordering.
IMPORTANT: Imperial sizes are approximate, and are shown only as a guide. Please refer to the metric dimensions below for more accurate sizes, or contact us prior to purchase if you have any specific requirements.
|Darton Log Cabin||External Dimensions (inc. roof) (mm)||*Minimum Base Size (mm)||Door Size (mm)||Timber Thickness (mm)||Weight|
|Model||Roof||Width||Depth||Front Height||Back Height||Width||Depth||Width||Height||Walls||Roof||Floor||(kg)|
Information shown above has been supplied by the manufacturer, and is as accurate as possible (errors and omissions excepted), however it is intended only as a guide. We recommend making your base slightly larger than the *Minimum Base Size shown above.
Please ensure that regular general maintenance is carried out on all moving parts.
How are these log cabins delivered?
- Your log cabin will arrive as individual boards that slot together. This makes access into your garden, and assembly easy, and this construction gives a strong building with interlocking corners for strength.
What about assembly?
- These log cabins are simple and easy to build, and we also provide easy-to-follow digital instructions.
What are the different treatment types?
- Our log cabins are supplied untreated, however we can also supply them with a Tanalised® pressure treatment is where chemical preservatives are forced deep into the wood’s fibres to resist rot, decay and termites. Pressure treatment gives the wood on your building an extra level of protection and is an effective way of making your building long-lasting. We recommend that a high quality paint/preservative is applied straight away to the untreated cabins, and if you don’t intend to change the colour of your pressure-treated building, then a water-repellent will be ideal.
Do they come with any warranty?
- Yes, if going with the Tanalised® (pressure-treated) version, then the wood on your log cabin is protected against rot, decay and insect infestation for up to15-years (timber splits or warping, which may occur naturally over time are not covered).
Will my cabin need a base?
- Yes, all garden buildings should be assembled on a firm and level base, and we always recommend a concrete base where possible. A good, sold, level base will ensure your building goes together easily, and lasts for many, many years. In order to protect your building from moisture, you should leave a 2ft (60cm) gap around the exterior of your building.